Mount Pleasant Primary School has a Student Engagement Policy and is a School Wide Positive Behaviour (SWPB). SWPB to ensure student safety and the wellbeing of all pupils.
School-wide positive behaviour support (SWPBS) is a framework that brings together school communities to develop positive, safe, supportive learning cultures
SWPBS assists schools to improve social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for children and young people.
When SWPBS supports schools, teachers and students have more time to focus on relationships and classroom instruction. Students and staff benefit from:
- increased respectful and positive behaviour
- increased time focused on instruction
- improved social-emotional wellbeing
- positive and respectful relationships among students and staff
- increased adoption of evidence-based instructional practices
- a predictable learning environment with improved perceptions of safety and increased attendance
Our policy is based on the following rights:
- to be treated with respect and courtesy;
- to work and play without interference;
- the enjoyment of a safe, attractive and well maintained school environment;
- the right to the security of their property.
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment children are expected to:
- treat others with respect;
- speak courteously to others;
- use play equipment responsibly;
- play in their designated areas
– Junior Area for Year Foundation and Year 1 students
– Senior Area for Year 2 – 6 students;
- walk through passages and the Quiet Area;
- remain within the school boundaries during the day (unless directed to do otherwise);
- keep bikes, skateboards or rollerblades in the bike shed.
A copy of the Mount Pleasant Primary School Student Engagement Policy is distributed to parents and children on enrolment and also at the commencement of each year. Additional copies are available on request.